Thank you for your interest in joining the Every Village team!
Every Village is a nonprofit Christian organization that exists to bring glory to God through the transformation of every village in South Sudan by the spread of the gospel and community development. The organization uses 3 program areas to achieve holistic transformation in South Sudanese communities through water, radio and missionaries.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Accountant. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for any consideration.
EVERY VILLAGE POSITION PROFILE
Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Houston, Texas
Reports to: CFO, Every Village
Overview: Every Village is a nonprofit Christian organization that exists to bring glory to God through the transformation of every village in South Sudan by the spread of the gospel and community development. The organization mission is for holistic transformation in South Sudanese communities through water, missionaries, and radio.
Responsibilities: The Senior Accountant reports to the CFO and oversees the day-to-day accounting function of the organization and whose general responsibilities include:
- Oversee the budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow procedures
- Prepare and present monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the CFO, Executive Director, and Every Village Board of Directors, including regular meetings and updates for the Finance Committee
- Develop and manage Every Village’s annual budget, including coordinating with staff to manage budgets, reviewing operating costs and recommending changes as needed
- Remain up-to-date on nonprofit audit practices and laws governing nonprofits, as well as ensuring that Every Village acts within the law regarding financial functions, in addition to coordinating the filing of all tax returns and audits in a timely manner
- Perform the monthly and annual closing activities
- Review and assist with weekly expense reports and monthly reconciliations, including field office accounts, to ensure internal financial documents are kept up-to-date
- Communicate with field offices to ensure timely resolution of accounting issues including monitoring accuracy and details of foreign transactions
- Process payroll and related benefits on a bi-monthly basis
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be passionate about serving God’s kingdom and have a desire to support the people of South Sudan. The ideal candidate will also have the following skills:
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- Non-profit Accounting is a plus
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Software would be preferred but not required
- At least 5-7 years of accounting experience
- Experience of final responsibility for quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication as well as strong interpersonal skills