Thank you for your interest in joining the Every Village team!
Every Village is a nonprofit Christian organization that exists to bring glory to God through the transformation of every village in South Sudan by the spread of the gospel and community development. The organization uses 3 program areas to achieve holistic transformation in South Sudanese communities through water, radio and missionaries.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Accountant. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for any consideration.
EVERY VILLAGE POSITION PROFILE
Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Houston, Texas
Reports to: CFO, Every Village
Overview: Every Village is a nonprofit Christian organization that exists to bring glory to God through the transformation of every village in South Sudan by the spread of the gospel and community development. The organization mission is for holistic transformation in South Sudanese communities through water, missionaries, and radio.
Responsibilities: The Senior Accountant reports to the CFO and supports the accounting function of the organization. The general responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Input and process all Accounts Payable
- Review weekly expense reports thru Expensify
- Monthly reconciliations, including field office petty cash accounts, to ensure internal financial documents are accurate
- Process Weekly Remote Access Deposits
- Initiate Wire Transfers as needed
- Monthly Allocations and Journal Entries
- Process payroll and related benefits on a bi-monthly basis-manage deductions and reimbursements for employees
- Assist CFO with Insurance Enrollments and other HR needs
- Perform the monthly and annual closing activities
- Assist with Year End Tax Letter Preparations and Mailings
- Assist CFO with oversight and compilation of Every Village’s annual budget, including coordinating with staff to manage budgets, reviewing operating costs and recommending changes as needed
- Assist with the coordination and filing of all tax returns and audits information in a timely manner
- Attend and assist with processing funds at all EV events
- Communicate with field offices to ensure timely resolution of accounting issues including monitoring accuracy and details of foreign transactions
- Prepare and present monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the CFO, Executive Director, and Every Village Board of Directors, including regular meetings and updates for the Finance Committee
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be passionate about serving God’s kingdom and have a desire to support the people of South Sudan. The ideal candidate will also have the following skills:
- Minimum of a B.A., 5-7 years of accounting experience preferred
- Non-profit Accounting is a plus and familiarity with Blackbaud Software would be preferred but not required
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication as well as strong interpersonal skills